Thursday, January 20, 2005

The start of holiday

The HP alarm went off at 5.30 am but I promptly went back to sleep. It was to early to wake up, the whole world would still be asleep at this ungodly hour. But then, I suddenly remembered that we were supposed to be travelling east coast, yours truly was expected for breaskfast at kuantan and lunch at losong and god help me...I haven't packed yet!!!!!!!!! With that, I jumped out of bed, shoved my clothes into the bag, grab a handful of kids clothing and threw into the same bag, dumped an armful of diapers into another bag followed by everybody's toiletries, zipped them up and ready! Ready for the first batch of bag, I meant. Coz I have another batch that consisted of camcorder cum digicam, notebook, their respective charger and paraphernalias and books. These were the most important stuff that followed me whereever I go and I can't live without them. Next step were easy though, shoved the kids inside the car, in their pajamas.

We reached Balok, Kuantan a good three hours later. Thanks to adik, despite being pregnant, cooked up friend mee, boiled egg and sandwich. Not to mentioned, hot water for Adam's bath. We took off after the kids were scrubbed clean and smelt nice again. This time adding Adik and Faizul to the entourage.

We took Jerangau Jabar route which were dead boring but cut the time by one hour. Which was a good choice since Adam insisted to drive and bawled his heart out most of the time for being denied his right to sit behind the wheel. Sorry dear, not for another 17 years.

Finally, reached Losong by 2.00 pm, nauseated from constant bawling and covered from head to toe with greenish snot, courtesy of Amri and Adam which no amount of Transfor Factor is able to fight yet. But the lunch spread that awaited us worth every minute of the torture. There are everybody's fav dishes laid out. And so many that there had to be laid out on the floor, coz it would need two dining table to hold all of it.

My holiday has blissfully started.

No comments: