Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Oh where is my baby.......

Adam will be one year old tomorrow. ONE! Already he is his own person, with his own favourite foods, prefered songs, temperaments and ugly bunny teeth. People said he looks like Amri when he was that age, but to me he is totally different. Amri was outgoing, pretty independant (at least during that age) and prefers solo playing. Adam is more reserved, strongly attached to me but knows how to share and play in group. But one trait is common, both are CLIMBER. Both are able to climb up and down staircase even before they can crawl. Both are expertly negotiating their chubby legs over door and window grills before their first birthday. Both can climb out from their babycot before they take their memorable first step. Where did this trait come from? Beats me...I have no idea!

My mind is full of mental pictures of Adam, wrap in hospital blanket...being azan by his ayah...so tiny yet the holler was so strong(even with the videocam volume put into minimum)and Adam wriggling out of bedung painstakingly wrapped by Tok and Adam being shaved and stayed botak for a long long time and clingy Adam who will get hysterical if ibu goes to bathroom. The tiny baby which I pushed out to the world one year ago will no longer be a baby tomorrow.

Though I will sorely miss the soft baby smell of his hair, the warmth of his little body snuggling beside me and the tiny mouth which is forever looking for a chance to breastfeed ..I will welcome Adam the toddler with open arms tomorrow. The funny Adam who play hide and seek at every chance and give me an wide wet open mouth kiss.

My baby is growing up.

No comments: