Saturday, January 22, 2005

Breakfast at Terengganu

One of the Terengganu culture that I embraced wholeheartedly is the breakfast affair. Most of Tganu family do not cook breakfast but flock the shop or pasar instead, ours including. I love the small portion of the serving because it allows me to enjoy a few different dishes without resorting to throw away the uneaten portion or sharing with Amri. My favourites usually nasi kapit kuah kacang, laksam, pulut lepa, nasi minyak and all time favourite - satar. Amri loves non spicy mee goreng or meehoon goreng and can eat both at one go. Hubby of course, the ever popular nasi dagang in cone shape banana leaf.

This morning however, none of the above is available. Everybody is still celebrating AidilAdha, which is a big time affair at this part of the world. Not even one shop is open and my favourite food haven, Pasar Chabang Tiga is deserted. I therefore, resigned myself to eating oily roti canai bought by dear hubby. Afterall, ummi will cook nasi minyak for lunch so not so grand breakfast can be forgiven.

I think today's lunch menu will be nasi minyak with gulai daging and daging goreng a.k.a sambal tumis daging for klang valley folks

No comments: