Sunday, January 16, 2005

My house is a one big playground

My house is in dire need of babyproofing. With a full blown toddler in action, I bade farewell to my all fragile junks that I have no idea exist in my house if not for constant sound of broken china and the wail of stressed out bibik. So I spent a weekend hunting down the once familiar items in my household 4 years ago:
1. Safety gate for staircase
2. Safety latch for sliding glass cabinet
3. Safety latch for drawers
4. Safety latch for fridge/oven
5. Safety latch for cabinets
6. Power point covers
7. Anti skid for chairs
8. Whaddya call it that can hide cables from view and little fingers
9. Door stopper
10. etc etc
To my horror...I can't manage to find any single one of the items. For somebody like me, known as information centre by close friends and who always know where to buy things...this is embarassing!
Okay....I will give another attempt this coming weekend. But this time, I will go straight to ToyRUs, made a beeline to BabyRUs section and grab the whole list. I swear I will not look at the price tag because it will put me off buying those items and before I know it my little daredevil would be rummaging the knives drawer. And the cost of sewing him back together would certainly exceed the cost of the items.

No comments: