Thursday, January 13, 2005

Blackout!!!!!!!!

I took the morning off to make sure Adam would be okay. He still had a bit of temperature but otherwise his normal self. Sent Amri to kindy and decided to walk him to the classromm for a change. My mini man proudly lead the way to second floor and happily stopped in front of a wrong classroom door...with a big grin on his face. Just when I started to wonder where Amri ended up every morning of his school days, then then grin was replaced with a loud laugh followed by "Ye ye...Ibu kena tipu...!!!" Gee...where did he learn this......

Upon entering the classroom he proudly declared to his teacher that he had done the homework :) So teacher asked " Good boy...may I have the homework book please" Amri replied "Tak de...dah hilang!" Teacher just laughed merrily and dug inside Amri's Barney bag herself. Guess that she was born to be a preschool teacher ...to maintain that serena aura around a classroom full of five year olds.

Since Adam was recovering and seemed happy, so I decided to get back to office. Noticed that all traffic lights on my way were not working and suspected that something was amiss. True enough, upon reaching office, the whole Klang Valley was out of electricity. Duh!!!! What were TNB think they were doing? Running a coffee shop? Shouldn't there be a plan B should something like this happen. While I am not badly affected, other than being bored out of my wit without my internet connection...others out there may not be so lucky. Some might be trapped in a lift...some might be locked in by electricity powered door access system or car park access system. And I could just imagine the traffic chaos out there. Lesson never learnt!!!



No comments: