Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The hunt goes on

It was nice to wake up in your own bed but then, you'd have to get breakfast going on your own, from your own kitchen. Unless.....unless you were blessed with a hubby like mine, whom upon seeing my zombie like state, offered to buy breakfast...so that dear zombie wifey can get back to sleep.

Somehow, I managed to drag my zombie self to toys r us to get that sacred safety gate. Found it all right. But did not buy....hahahahha! I am the self proclaimed cheap skate. The price put me off straight away despite my vow to never look at the pricetag. How could I. I am born to be accountant. For somebody who mentally calculated the cost while putting groceries into supermarket trolley, not looking at price tag was a big sin. Hubby gave a ridiculus look, giving up attemps to understand the costing concept from my point of view. But then, there was another factor that put me off. The design of that gate! It has horizontal bar in the middle which I knew right away would be a piece of cake for Adam to climb, having mastered the art even before he started cruising. To top it up, it was decorated with small holes...I guess to make it easier for a less athletic babies to climb :) I got my handfull of latches anyway.

To cater for my cheap skate mindedness, hubby drove me to a furniture shop at Kg Subang. The shop did not sell the gate in a sense that it did not keep in stock. But the shop was willing to take up orders and I were shown the pictures to choose the size. Coool........and the price was just RM80.00 plus the design was exactly what I had in mind, which was the same like we had four years ago wayyyyy back at Puchong Perdana. It would be ready in 2 days.

For some reason...furniture shop really attracted me and we ended up touring the lower half of the shop and bought a new wardrobe for the kids. Of course, it was a cheap wardrobe but it will do because a few years from now Amri wouldn't want a mickey mouse wardrobe in his room anymore.

No comments: