Saturday, January 08, 2005

Mom times out

I just looooove Saturday. Because through unspoken mutual understanding with dear hubby, I get to stay in bed for as long as I wished to and never has to worry about breakfast for everybody. For....hubby will arrange for breakfast with any of the mamaks at ttdi jaya and get the kids out of my way (read: out of my bed) though Adam will usually continue to snuggle contentedly beside me. And later...much, much later, I get to hog the bathroom for as long as I wished to without any kids banging and screaming at the door. When I finally have to descend from my throne to take a real life view of downstairs event, dear hubby will whisk me off to any place that I want to be. Or in the rare event that playing chauffeur is not possible, dear hubby will offer the use of his car, alone...which is even better.

Unfortunately....this lovable Saturday only happens once in a blue moon. The bet are off if guests are in house coz the lady of the house is needed to ensure smooth household operation. And the lady of the house always double up as event organisor and ambassador at times, thus necessiting the honorary presence at functions and family affairs. The lady of the house is also required to take over the job of the man of the house every other weekend, like it or not, which to the lady is a small matter of multitasking.

All in all...saturday is always welcome, loveble or otherwise.

No comments: