Thursday, January 06, 2005

My NotSoSmartTag

It was very annoying when you drive through SmartTag lane, expecting to beat the clock and then the oh-so-smart tag failed to beep. Or...in other word...the reader failed to read my tag. Even more annoying when the siren that supposed to alert the toll plaza staff failed to emit any sound at all. And you have to sit there...fuming..blaring your horn a few times until anyone managed to pull their weight across. Even so..it would take them 90 seconds to reach my car with their lenggang mak limah walk while number of cars kept piling up behind me. And the staff still had the gut to say that my now not-so-smart-tag was too HOT! What!!!!!!!!! What am I supposed to do about that? Get PLUS to build covered highway? Or attach umbrella over my car roof?

While I admit that it will not be easy for the engineers to come up with heat resistant intelligent tag, at least the toll plaza staff could have the sense of urgency to move faster instead of my best recorded time of 3 minutes 16 seconds for the whole process to complete.

No comments: