Monday, December 27, 2004

Tsunami

I was being an ignorant idiot yesterday. I did not realise there was a tsunami at Penang and Kedah until much later in the evening. The news hit me hard. The first thing I did was sms to my sister, cousins, aunties, uncles and all relatives and friends staying there. 80% of my whole clan was based in Langkawi. I was worried sick and the paranoid me was starting to imagine the worst.

Up till this hours I was still trying to reach every family members that I could think of. And constantly on the line with a cousin who kept me updated, which actually adding to my worries. What with her story about Penang Bridge and Jetty was supposed to be evacuated by 4pm but state government announcing otherwise. It was creating another panic to the public, especially with the announcement of another giant tidal wave around 7.00pm and media feeding contradicting message from state government.

Al Fatihah to the deceased and condolence to their family members.





No comments: