Saturday, December 25, 2004

Kids day out @ Petrosains

Since Amri's little cousins were here for the week, my hubby and I decided to bring all of them to Petrosains, KLCC. No easy feat by all means, organising three preschoolers, one baby and parents in law and to further proved that I were indeed superwoman , I planned to make the trip via LRT. Anticipating Christmast crowd ahead, I took the trouble to do ticket reservation beforehand on Friday, booking 10.00am tickets. Told dear hubby about rsvp details and he went something like" Um..uhhh.... so we have to go out at 8.00am tomorrow morning?" Gee .... it did escape me though....the technicalities of rounding up four kids in the morning.

Morning were a breeze, all kids were too exited to argue about what to wear or who goes to which bathroom first. We took LRT from Kelana Jaya and arrived at KLCC sometime after 9 and went straight to Petrosains. Bought a combo ticket and were the first to enter Funzone. It was indeed fun! The staff were friendly, the decor was cheerful and the kids were having a big time fun. Dunno whether the kids managed to learn a thing or two there...Amri was so interested in 'pumping petrol into a motorbike' thing that I had to practically drag him outta there so that we could move on and other kids could have a go at the pump. Hubby got a kick out of having his head chopped off...cool stuff!!! Syawani would do anything that Amri did and Alif would see first the outcome of the first duo. If all went well with the daredevils two, then he'd have a go.

Out from Funzone then into Petrosains itself. A wee bit dissappointed at first because there were no more dinotrek. Turned out, it was better off that way coz we just found out that Syawani was terrified of dinasour, big time at that.

Unfortunately, it was a long queue into Petrosains, mostly because people has to wait for the car ride (or whatever was its name) My Adam, was suddenly hungry and sleepy. There was a breastfeeding room inside Petrosains but then we'd still have to wait for our turn. Lucky for me, once Adam started to wail loud enough, people quickly gave way to us and Adam and I were pushed to the front. Unlucky for me, I could not immediately get inside because, the rest of the clan were still at the end of the queue and Amri was nowhere in sight. The helpful staff however, offered me his seat behind the counter for me to breastfeed comfortably. Thanks to them....Adam went on feeding happily at our small corner, and soon fell asleep. I noticed glances from passersby but nobody actually stared or goggled. I kept on thinking, if anybody dare to make a remark, I'd summon my three little stooges to give that person a good kick. Since each of the stooges is an equivalent of a Dennis the Menace, then three of them could have achieve satisfactory damage. Somehow, Malaysian has gotten use to see breastfeeding mom in public, so nothing is new to them. And kudos to Petrosains staff too for being so ever helpful.

Adam, blessed his little heart, slept through the multimedia ride and did not even wake up when we transfered him into a pram at Arif Station. The pram was comfy though, better than anything that Amri or Adam own...hehe. We went on exploring Petrosains but decided to skip helicopter ride since Adam and Amri were below age.

We made a pit stop afterwards Xplorasi Gift Shop to buy something for the kids. Being me, of course, an activity book for each one of them plus dinosours for the boys and glow in the dark animals for Syawani.

Amri slept on the LRT ride home then continued on the car ride home.

No comments: