Friday, December 31, 2004

Let us do our part

I am getting oh so annoyed with questions and remarks like :
" banyaknya free time awak volunteer for mangsa tsunami..."
" apsal awak susah susah ni....kan ramai dah yang volunteer"
" why are u so concerned anyway...its not like your family being affected anyway"

" dah nasib diaorang...kita nak buat macam mana, tu kifarah dan ujian Allah kat depa"

Oh puhleeeaasee....just how insensitive can people be. Just because my family is safe and sound and my kids are happily rolling on the floor in front of me, does not mean the rest of the world is contented as well.

I do not have much free time, I am practically juggling many, many things at once...thanks to my multitasking skill. But I can spare the time. It is just a matter of prioritising. And thanks to my big boss, for supporting my cause and allowing the job flexibility during this week and not forgetting the big buck from him to get the ball rolling :)
At the very least, I have contributed a small portion of my time, which is on loan by Allah, doing what I think would be approved.

Yes, so many out there volunteering. But still many more are needed. At MRCS, volunteers are like..speaking to three person at a time, while doing some other thing..as told by a friend. Same goes at Mercy and a few more charitable group. The least you can do is help them to answer phone calls....preferably three calls simultinously. I am doing my part, utilising resources and skill that have been bestowed by Allah, in the hope it will make peoples life out there somewhat easier.

True, my families, friends and relatives are all safe and sound...at least for now. But out there, there are someone's family, friend and relative who were dead, in the most tragic way. If I could, I would have been there to give a word of comfort, to lend my shoulder for any mom to weep, to hug any kids that has become orphans within seconds but I could not. The least I can do is coordinate the material comfort from my table...with a hope that time will heal all wound, physically and emotionally.

Agreed with Qada and Qadar Allah, who am I to question it. But I'm not questioning it. I am not questioning anybody's imaan. I am not questioning whether they have been spending their life doing big sin or whether they are pious, God fearing people. It is between them and their Creator. Who am I to punish and judge my fellow people too. I do not have the right to. I do not even have the right to draw conclusion on whatever geographic disaster that can happen everyday. But if I can do something to help these people...then I will. It is simply not me to goggle over tsunami photos in my inbox and not doing anything about it other than forwarding it to the next unsuspecting soul. This is part of my contribution to my society, because I cant live in this world alone. Money is not something I have in abundance, but whatever I can spare, I will give.

If money is not available, then give your old stuffs because even battered pillows are welcomed. If old stuffs are not available then give your time to lend a helping hand, to comfort, to hug, to cuddle and to make a difference. If time is not available then give your blood. Surely we have that in abundance!

Last but not least, many thanks to dear hubby who always supported me and also for the supply of tents. I think people in Banda Aceh badly need it, apart from body bag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good on you mom, ignore all those jealous people whom do not have the time or do but cannot phanthom how others can be concerned with the livelihood of others. If it happened to them then what would they say, who would they turn to... It's so easy to scoff an just 'kesian' when it doesn't really happen to you. but whatever it is your doing to help, then good on you mate...

shauqie

nae said...

Thanks for the warm words :) Really made my day....... Never thought people other than my family would be reading this :D