Thursday, December 23, 2004

Food Strike


Adam was on food strike! For somebody that is labeled eating machine...this strike is starting to unnerve me. For the first two days of strike, it was sort of touching on my ego...afterall I am always the know-it-all mom. I have wide range of knowledge starting from what to put in Adam's porridge to the phsycological impact if I were, say, to change his bedsheet too frequent.

When the strike went on for a few more day, I was half convinced that my little daredevil was suffering from some terminal sickness. The symptoms were not to be realised until it was much too late, by which yours truly would be at guillt for not putting enough effort to research about every sickness in this world. Hubby wasn't much help either...he simply brushed the strike aside and promptly went back to applying International Corporate Finance methodology to all companies on earth. For all he care, the issue here was just about adding a few more milk bottles to the equation left blank by my now horrible porridge.

It was not until much later that I noticed Adam was devouring Amri's macaroni soup with gusto. So that was it! Either my porriddge was horrible beyond consumption or Adam has somehow acquired non Asian palate. Hmmmm.....so what do I cook that is not porridge.? Macaroni soup was top of the list. Or in other word, the only item on the list. But worry not.... an email to a food connosioure left me with enough recipe for every day of the week for two weeks, all in one paragraph.Thank you Intan for all the recipes. And thank you Bill Gates for internet and emails.


No comments: