Wednesday, December 22, 2004

A cut of the chip

I am all geared up to revamp the whole MIS function of this place. I've done my extensive research, talked to each users, compiled an award winning proposal, work out the budget down to the tiniest item, presented it to the board and get the fastest approval in my working life history. So far so good.

Or..I could have said it was tooo good to be true.

Back from year end meeting, fresh with motivation to meet company objective of 2005, the BOD firmly informed your truly, as the project leader, that the approved budget was cut by 20%. Reason being....to finance company expansion into unknown territory. Duh!!!!

I was dreaming a complete package of ERP, CRM and of course, web based accounting and financial reporting. And a cut in budget will necessitate cutting corners, the first that will usually be gone is CRM. But now we are in global market. The market simply does not have boundaries. And sales force has to be well equipped to fight on the front line. That is the reason why I am here. To put in new ideas. To execute the ideas. And I am going ahead, making do with whatever resources available.

My new mantra will be ...improvise, improvise, improvise.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!!!! Knew you can do it. You always did :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah ! congrats to the most important human being of all ! help yourself up.