Wednesday, December 29, 2004

New Year Parenting Resolution

I already have one, but since it will be published by a parenting magazine, then it will be their copyright. So, I have to make up new resolution list to be published here. Fortunately for me, ParentCentre sent me a ready made resolution list for 2005.

Here we go.....
1. Not yell so much
2. Stop using threats to keep your kindergartner in line
3. Be more loving — and find other ways to help your
5-year-old feel good about himself
4. Slow down and really
listen to your child
5. Give each of your children the one-on-one time he deserves
6. Find more family time
7. Plan
fun outings more often
8. Read more with your child — whether he's a
beginning, intermediate, or advanced reader
9. Watch
less TV
10. Make healthier meals
11. Encourage your child's relationship with grandparents — and
God
12.
Nurture yourself so that you can better nurture your child


And here are my remarks (oh yeah..naturally...if it is done by other people, i would have something to say about it) :
1. I've never yelled to my kids, in fact i have never ever yelled to anybody in my life. I'm a good girl, remember? Take this item off my list!
2. Threat??? Umm..okay..I'm guilty. I've been threating my kids with various threat that I can think of (or borrowed from other moms), but none work so far. My kids are threatproof. Take out this item too.
3. Be more loving....ummm...how much more loving can I be. Find other ways to help my kid feel good about himself? Don't bother....my kids are always feeling good about about themselves, thanks to my superb parenting. And both of them certainly do not hesitate to break rules because they know, and extremely confident aboout it, that I would still love them unconditionally no matter what.
4. Slow down.....yes, i agree! I have to. I can't be living in a whilrwind kinda life forever. Listen to my child.....oh yeah...all the gibberish of the universe. But perhaps I should do that, so that I would know what their ayah did behind my back....hehehe.
5. This item stay too...I need to give Amri one to one time he so deserve. Otherwise, I'd have to listen to more Barney songs being twisted around.
6. Family time....we already have a lot of family time. Any more of it then dear hubby and I might as well become stay at home parents.
7. Fun outing...refer to my earlier post of Petrosains. I'm not going to plan, I'll just round up everybody and go.
8. Read more...my Amri can read, though not necessarily correctly. So, I have to contend myself to hear him read to me instead and pray hard that his teacher will put in more effort for 2005.
9. TV...the idiot box is there just to prove that we are indeed true blue Malaysian. Malaysian has to watch tv from sunset to sundown. My kids are well equipped with the skill to operate tv and dvd independantly, just in case they need it in the near future. Somehow, we manage to use tv time as hide and seek time or simply chasing around each other time.
10. Healthier meal.....is mee goreng healthy? Because that was what I feed my family twice a week. I heard it is full of boric acid. Oh well....put this in my resolution list. I'll teach bibik to cook porridge or scrambled egg for breakfast next year.
11. Hmm...this is the part that I have done a good job, even though nobody bother to give me a pat on the back. I managed to foster long distance relationship (Shah Alam-Kedah-Terengganu) by using photograph and beautiful stories as well as expensive phone calls. But put the relationship with God on my list, for I have not done anything satisfactory about it.
12. How do I nurture myself....hahaha...for a while, image of indulging in retail theraphy cross my mind. But the next second, the image was replaced by savoury chocolate cake and the logo of HaagenDazz. Yes...this part certainly stay on my list.

Welcome 2005

No comments: