Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Cleaning Up - Day 3

Today was Wednesday, the day Amri was required to be dressed in sport attire instead of his normal sunny yellow uniform. He dressed himself up, gobbled down breakfast and was already at front door five minutes later. I grabbed his sport shoes and only then noticed that his shoes was sodden and covered with mud. Well...not only Amri's sport shoes but almost all of our shoes except the ones on the top three shelves. Duh! I've completely forgotten about the shoe cabinet and its contents. I sent Amri to kindy wearing sandal, though admittedly, it didn't bother him at all.

So today was shoes cleaning day. As well as a few other small things that escaped us earlier like the old junks at our backyard and Amri's bicycle (okay...it was not small.) One good thing about this flood, though very inconvenient, somehow managed to make me accomplished the one thing that I had been procrastinating for ages, that is to clean up the backyard. The thing was, I couldn't just put those paint canister, old cabinets, broken electrical appliances and what nots out in my trash can and expected MBSA garbagemen to haul it all up because they would not. And I would also had this guilty conscience that I didn't do enough to save the planet by properly disposing or recycling electrical items. But this whole week, Alam Flora and all kind of recycling collectors would be making many rounds and I could dispose off as many junks as I wanted to.

Somehow, looking at my mini mountain of junks piling up waiting to be collected by Alam Flora, I felt relieved. Like a mission accomplished. Even more relieved when hubby's old CRV arrived.
Phew!!!! Welcome back, old friend. Less things to worry about. At least now, I was mobile.

Next things I did was, rolled up the hideous smelling carpets and stuffed them inside the crv (oh...the joy of having huge space) and sent them to laundry shop. Then...i took a leisure drive around TTDI Jaya and couldn't help but felt really sorry for what others had to endure, especially those at single storey area. Wonder how much all those school text book that I saw drying up would cost them. Funnily, spotted a few pretty ladies in high heels and extravagant tudungs making their rounds visiting the affected houses. Helping? I doubted that. Too dolled up to be much of help. Well...could be distributing donation,who knows.

When I reached home, Ba'e and his wife were there, visiting. Thanks guys.

Adam started vomiting and Amri, sniffling.

No comments: