Sunday, March 12, 2006

A birthday party and a reunion


I was invited to a reunion disguised as birthday party, or maybe the other way round. Doesn't matter. What matters were...I get to meet my long lost bestest friends from my years at Jenan. Once a group of giggly and not so innocent young girls were now suddenly blossomed into corporate superwomen with kids in tow. At least, I was. The kids part, I meant. The rest, save for Sitot, wisely kept their kids and husband at home. I would too had I known that it was more a reunion than birthday party. Unfortunately.....while grappling with crash harddisk, flood and submerged cars....I was at near loss with the information exchange that was done primarily via email. So I came with my usual entourage.

Lucky for me, I had a darling of a husband who kindly waited for hours for me, despite the apparent fact that the wife had completely, except in size, turned into a foolish 16 year old again and whom had conveniently forgotten that she had a couple of kids wrecking the host immaculate kitchen and terrorising the host's daughter. For that, thank you sooooo much. I promise, once I get my car back, I'll drive myself everywhere.

Ladies,
It sure great to see you all again. Thanks Chem for hosting the party/reunion. Thanks Che Lin, Fit and Sue for organising. Ajie....you still didn't tell me what happened to your blistered hand.

No comments: