Tuesday, March 28, 2006

School Registration

For Amri, that is. He'll be in Year 1 primary school next year. So...end of our days of going for holiday or balik kampung as and when we felt like it. Not yet anyway.We still have this year to go places off peak period.

I dropped by at the nearest primary cchool and filled in the registration form. That was after waiting about 15 minutes for the person in charge to come back to the office from whereever she was. Then another few minutes for her scurried around looking for registration form. I thought I came equipped with everything they need, but obviously, I did not bring a self addressed envelope.

For the benefit of other first timer, here are the list of the documents you need to bring.
1. Original birth cert & a copy of it
2. Original water/telephone bill (non-returnable)
3. Self addressed envelope (with stamp, of course)

Well...I had no problem to drop by again and bring the envelope. Served me right too for not bothering to stop and read the banner that the school hanged at the T-junction. (Honestly...can't they hang at the place where I can park my car?)

What really bothered me was the fact that the administration office of that school had about half a dozen staff around at the time I was there. None bothered to help while waiting for the person in charge came in. What was so difficult anyway to get a piece of registration form and hand them to me. All of them (except the registration lady) were glued to the tv. One of them had her fingers on her computer keyboard but her head was obviously facing the tv.

When I finished filling in the form, the registration lady was nowhere to be seen. I called the half dozen ladies in front of the tv, saying that I was done. No one budged from her place. None even turned towards me, though one of them mumbled something that sound like 'tunggu sebentar' without even taking her eyes off the tv. Duh. What was so interesting anyway with the tv? Wonder what would happen if these lot were to be SAHM. I didn't even want to start imagine :)

No comments: