Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Cleaning Up - Day 2



Most of the major works were done. The sofas were sitting on the porch drying up. Carpets (thank God I only owned two small pieces) were hanging on the wooden fence, smelling so foul I had to hold my breath everytime I had to bypassed them.

We had washed the floor and the house looked almost livable. Bibik whipped out an old tikar from dunnowhere so that we could rest our tired muscle once in a while. Kamarul & Zariah came to visit and offered one of their many cars for our use. Thank you soooo much.

Between hubby and I we had filled in numerous forms from Welfare Department and whatnots. Did government really going to hand disaster aid to us...... Well, just wait and see.

The tow truck from Chevvy service centre came in the afternoon to tow my car away. Most of the affected cars in the area had already been towed away. What was left at the neighbourhood were either borrowed cars or lucky cars that managed to escape the flood.

No comments: