Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Kenari on the way

Kak Cik wanted to buy a brand new Kenari. Specifically, a hot red kenari aero - auto of course. Personally, I think Perodua cars (except Kembara) are pretty damn good but however, Kenari sure looks weird to me. But Kak Cik was so in love with it and it was her money afterall so who am I to say otherwise. At the end of the day, she was the one to drive it, park in front of her house and admire it from her window or maybe park it right outside her classroom so that she could threaten her students to ohh-ahhing the cute little red driving machine.

Somehow Kak Cik managed to wrangle out a quick approval from Bank Rakyat, she being a not yet confirmed government staff with meagre salary. How huh? So off we went to Perodua showroom to sign her papers. She did things opposite way, this sister of mine. She got her loan approved first then go booked a car. Whatever! There's plenty of red kenari available.

Then we went to Bank Rakyat for her to sign her loan papers. First we had to wait for the officer. Followed by waiting for the officer to search the whole building for papers. Honestly, it seemed a tad strange to me. Credit department has its own floor so why go bother those downstairs with their busy (?) operation of catering to more people than chairs while opening only two counters. Can't they just keep the papers within the related department. It's not like my sister needs to open new account or deposit anything. Well...I've never worked in a bank so I wouldn't know the way things get done there. But I've taken enough car hire purchase with various banks to remember that the longest it took was 1.5 hours. And that was because I came during the officer's lunch break.

We spent three hours there. Sheesh! Luckily there was a bookshop and a restaurant downstairs. The beriani was not bad :)

On the other hand, Amri was thrilled that finally someone in the family was going to get a RED car. He always likes red car but I've already had one red satria six years ago so don't feel like going for another red.

Went to Section 13 pasar malam for the first time in search of small sate but only get a weird one with chunks of lengkuas all over the sates and funny looking peanut sauce. Now I sorely missed the ttdi jaya sate seller. Where is he?
Bought a murtabak. And cendol. Whoa....I went on an eating binge the day my aerobic instructor was off.

No comments: