Saturday, June 17, 2006

The annual hi tea of my fitness centre

Really...it was the best i ever had. The best that I ever organised too. And I had quite a fair share of it.
I went early to help out and dragged my reluctant neighbour cum x-senior, Azida, along. I was alarmed at the hours she kept at her workplace and also her two hours max sleep time per night. A sure fire way to get early burn out or, God forbid, heart failure. So this tea dance was a perfect place to unwind. If she didn't fall asleep, that is.
So...off we escaped to holiday villa subang, dressed to the nines in denim and boot (yes...I could finally fit into size 8 low cut jeans), determined to have a good time. Spotted two other committee members cars along the way so I just followed behind them. Good thing I brought Azida with me, she was so helpful with our loads of gifts and she manned the registration counter too. Thanks a million Kak Azie. I'll help you with the wretched costing after this, I promise!
The turnout was good, the food was so so but nobody complained because, it was afterall, a fitness centre event. The members couldn't be bothered with food. Everybody was too busy head banging and swinging their hips on the dance floor. Wonder where these people got their energy. Mind you, we were not talking about 20 something girls. They were 40s and 50s. Except Azida and I. And oh...their daughters.
All the games and contest we planned, the dance we choreographed, the music we compiled and everything else went without any glitch. I was actually a bit sad when the party winded down and people started to leave. I loved the planning part of it. We sat down later to have a drink and cake courtesy of holiday villa and congratulated each other for the biggest and best party the fitness centre ever had.
Hopefully we could have another one, next year. Pray for me people, that I'd get to take over the place.
Went home to an empty house. The boys had gone to a birthday party with their father. Excellent! I was dog tired from half a day of hip swinging.

No comments: