Friday, September 26, 2008

Phew....glad to be home

Reached KLIA at 3.30pm after quite a bumpy ride towards the end.Really, really glad to be home. Now I could start shopping and packing for Eid.

Shanghai FC, Malaysia FC, HK FC, new boss - aka VP and Australia FC. Singapore FC is very camery shy and prefer to be photographer.
Had a bit of scare last night. I was out shopping at nearby mall when Mr VP called me back for a short meeting. Mr VP just joined the company three months back and this was his first meeting with financial controllers all over the world with Asia Pacific being the final group.
The meeting turned out to be just a coffee break and the reason, get this, he was concerned with my huge age gap from the rest of the FCs.
Gosh! How could that be an issue. Granted, I was not as well versed on technical side of GAAP compared to the rest but I knew I did well. Shanghai GM, who used to be malaysia GM came to my rescue though. I was voted the best FC he ever knew and lets not forget that I managed malaysia/brunei operation for about six months while waiting for a new GM. Phew! I knew I could stood up on my own but it never hurt to have a third party vetting me through. Now, if only I could live up to the glory :) Thanks xGM. I'll buy you lunch next time you were in malaysia.
And many thanks to Shanghai FC too. Being quite new to the group, he dilligently googled the net for information about ramadhan so that to make my stay as comfortable as possible. The new VP was also given a crash course about islam and ramadhan.

2 comments:

Liza said...

welcome back nae, still got time to do raya shopping tau!

LediAgli said...

hoi.. update la.. hehe

ep.. kenapa anda nampak berusia.. *ouch*