Tuesday, September 23, 2008

KL - Shanghai

The plane was was super smooth on the first half and extra bumpy on the other half. Probably due to typhoon at Hong Kong. Why though, I had to fly economy class when I am entitled to 5 star hotel? Thank God I escaped the Dallas trip.

I had two surprises today. First at KLIA when I bumped into an IT manager from Melbourne office, heading to Shanghai as well. Haven't got a chance to ask why he made a detour to KL first. We were in the same flight but thankfully were very far apart.
A second surprise awaited me at Pudong airport, in the form of my exGM. Now promoted to Asia Pacific MD and based at Shanghai. I was so pleased to see him. He came to specifically fetch me from airport and drive me to hotel. He was, and still is my favourite boss. My savior during the time I was an acting GM. We took the magdev and then drove to shanghai office, which was now relocated to a bigger and a lot nicer place. He then drove us to Parkview Hotel, our designated place for the next 4 days.

Had a simple and quick buka puasa in my room and later set out for dinner with HK and Spore FC, headed by Mdm HK GM who understandably, was starving for woman's company. This organisation was almost monopolised by men. Dinner however, was ruined by horrible food and the arrival of the big boss from US. But it felt good though to exchange gossips.

I'm off to bed now. Hope the two boys did not drive their father up the wall. I felt rather guilty leaving for business trip without a maid to help out at home.

1 comment:

Liza said...

nae, can i have your email address, want to invite you to my house for raya...