Monday, September 22, 2008

Iftar at Shanghai?


The bags are packed. Presentation was prepared to the best of my ability (in between blog hopping and planning for Eid). I'll be leaving for shanghai tomorrow morning and be back just in time for an iftar with my family. Whom I hope would be missing me so much that they decided to book me for the most lavish buka puasa buffet in town this coming friday :)

Actually, it feels good to be away. If only to escape from the never ending house chores. I've reached a point where I was sorely tempted to hurl all the dirty dishes to the wall and set fire to the mountains of dirty laundry. I didn't, though. Because they are not cheap and I am obsessed with proper sit down dinner with nice plates and all. And hubby + laundry shop took over the laundry nightmare. But I did disposed a thing or two once in a while, when I couldn't be bothered with cleaning them up and pretty sure no one would miss them. Well....when the going gets too tough, the maid agency was just a phone call away, I guessed.

Anyway. How do I survive two days of being closeted with a bunch of accountants and talk shop? With a week away from Eid. God help me. I have enough RMB with me to occasionally sneak out from the hotel and hit the road. But I doubted I could get away much.

Looking forward to break fast at 5.50pm tomorrow :)

2 comments:

Liza said...

somehow we have the same obsession, i too like to dine with nice plates and cuttleries...hehehe...

nae said...

bNormal: Join the club then :)