Friday, February 29, 2008

Back to earth

Phew!

This was tiring week. But I survived 4 days of trying to stay alive inside a small conference room with a bunch of Caucasian men and three very stubborn Japanese. My only communication to the outside world during these few days were through a few YM conversation, and even those were stolen moments while I pretended to look attentive and clever while simultaneously typing away on the minuscule blackberry.

My nihonggo was more rusty than I imagined. This was so embarrasing. My only excuse was that I haven't spoken a word of it (except whatever on restaurant menu) for eight years. Hmph!

And somebody needed to knock me on my head! I did not even noticed that Amri had his swimming test last night. We were in even in the same pool. Only that Amri and his group were at one end of the pool while my friends and I were in the middle. I was tired to begin with and simply exhausted after a few mini laps around the pool. Nope, I could not managed 50m non stop. Not this week. Went straight to bed after came back from pusat akuatik and woke up in the morning smelling faintly of chlorin. *Sigh*. Swimming is hazardous to your skin and hair. Anyway, thanks to Mdm Gart whom despite juggling three plus one junior swimmers by herself (didn't see Mr Gart last night) had indirectly managed to let me know about it. 12 hours later, that is.

Well, glad the week was over. I promised Amri a new kickboard if he passed his test but I doubted that cheeky boy will stop at just a kickboard. Coincidentally, there was a sport warehouse sale somewhere in Bandar Sunway. I could use a few new stuffs myself. But first, I needed to catch up on my beauty sleep.

No comments: