Friday, February 08, 2008

Another side of moi

When we arrived yesterday, Mie announced that there will be a wedding tomorrow and another on saturday for us to attend. For the friday wedding, we were to be a part of groom entourage.

Yikes! I did not bring my baju kurung. Or anything remotely formal.

In the past, these kind of things rarely bother me. I'd just borrow a dress or two from any of the ladies in the family (non family members pun boleh). But somehow, over the years I've morphed into someone very private and at times, snobbish. The laid back years were gone. So I dragged hubby to town (Tganu roads/traffic still baffled me), bought a dress and a tudung to match then only began to relax. Until the next morning that is.

For some reason, the wedding would take place around 10.30 am. The earliest wedding I had ever attended. So we were to be at groom's place by 9.30am. At 9am I realised that even though I had a nice blue tudung and baju kurung (embroided lagi), I did not have suitable handbag and shoes. I had a sling bag (need both hand to pinch/drag two boys at the same time)and a maroon sandal. No time to go out and buy another. So, I just borrowed my sis in law's black pump and made do without a bag. And felt out of place and extremely self concious all the way from Losong to Gong Kapas and back.

Confirm, I am vain!

To make my silly vanity worse, both boys refused to come with us. So I had nothing and no one to take my mind off the missing shoes and bag.

Sigh.....how did I turn into this person? Next time I'll travel with the whole wardrobe with me. To think that I used to travel with just one knapsack...

Anyway. We ate nasi minyak at 10.30am. But then, this is Terengganu. Nasi minyak is practically breakfast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tee...hee...hee...if me I blame it on the other half. Now more concern to look good. Age maybe, dulu rasa muda now rasa tue skit so kenalah extra on other things. Ntah le...

nae said...

butterflutter: i blamed it on the hormon :D