Saturday, January 03, 2009

Saturday rambling

Phew! Saturday is God's gift to humankind. Nevertheless, I still had to reluctantly drag myself out of bed on this rainy morning.

First stop was q-dees. Paid the fees while chatting with some of the teachers. We were discussing on which class to put Adam. Not that it was of utmost importance but most of them knew how very extremely reserved Adam is. So we all agreed on en-graham bell, simply because Adam was familiar with the teacher. Whereas the other two classes would be taught by new teachers. Adam's new teacher was known as pretty strict but the rest assured me that Adam was so adorable that no one would feel the need to be strict with him.

Excuse me, but adorable? My not so little Adam who is capable of inflicting bodily injury to boys much larger than himself is adorable? But then, miracles do happen at school so I leave it to the teachers. If they say adorable, so be it :)

The so called adorable adam meanwhile clamped his mouth shut, pursed his lips and drifted around the building visiting one classroom after another, talking to no one and only answered a greeting from teacher azira. Well, knowing him, that was very good indeed. As long as there was no tantrum. However, I took monday off, just in case.

Next stop - section 6 wet market. One of my favourite place. I stayed away from this place during maidless months because, well, it was fun to buy fish etc but cleaning them up afterwards was not something I look forward to on a weekly basis.

I was glad that my life was finally going to be boringly normal again. At least for a few months.

Oh yeah...I am also coming up with additional new year resolution - I am going to learn how to cook. Seriously. Everything fancier than ayam masak kicap and sup sayur. Reason being, my new kitchen cost a bomb and it will take a full year of not eating out to get a reasonable ROI out of it. Of course, this resolution will inadvartently cause me to lose weight. A lot of weight. Afterall, how good a novice cook wannabe could be? I am so looking forward to this. Where do i start actually...buy a cookbook, chef wan dvd or sign up to cooking class?

2 comments:

butterflutter said...

Wahhh...mesti kitchen best ni kan..kan...Frankly I learn to cook by watching tv when I was in UK (no choice, have to cook if not kebulurlah).

Good Luck

nae said...

ButterFlutter : Kitchen is the most basic I could find on the market. But still, if you look cost per sq feet or cost per output or maybe cost per hour utilised/occupied...the kitchen is easily the most ridiculously expensive area in the house.