Friday, January 09, 2009

Crashed again

I was typing an email to my aussie counterpart when the XPS screen suddenly froze. Shut down and restart (my ultimate cure all solution) did not work. The IT guy spent an hour trying to revive my beloved xps before he admitted defeat and announced it as a gone case.

Huhuhuhu.......

My photos. Dated all the way back from Raya Haji, Cu Nan's engagement, my new padang bola backyard, Adam's birthday and God knows what else. Adoi la. I've been too busy to transfer them to CDs.

While I was brooding, the IT guy told me that XPS shouldn't be paired with window xp. I needed window vista. But due to our new ERP security issue, it was downgraded to xp. And now it was dead.

*sigh*

I quite love this xps, despite the fact that it was really, really heavy. But since I do not travel much, then it was quite allright. I could handle a bit of weight from my room to the car park. I am going to miss it. But not before i insisted on data recovery. Namely my photos. The other files could RIP.

Btw, Happy Birthday to my dear sis, Kak Cik.

No comments: