Monday, January 05, 2009

Easy peasy

I had it easy this school year. Unbelievably. Minus a little bit of drama in the morning.


Amri woke up easily and was sent to his new school by his father. Pretty much undaunted by new school, new teachers or new classmates. Hubby left him after his break. Amri's only concern was that I should top up his cash card with as much money as possible since he would be eating lunch at school. And he wanted to eat at secondary school's cafe because it sold icecream. By the time i took a sneak peek at his classroom around 3.00pm, he was very much comot (from eating too much ice cream, of course) and exhausted. Poor boy, after 6 weeks of running around, he had to sit still for 7 hours straight. By 3.30pm, class was dismissed and I was introduced to his new best friends. 10 minutes later we were in the thick of huge chaos at school cafe, where everyone going back by school bus gathered. By 4.00pm, I left Amri with his new school van driver and went home. He was too tired to run around so I was sure he would be allright.


Adam meanwhile, woke up at 5 in the morning, grab a towel and went to my room asking for hot shower. Told him that it was too early and sent him back to his room. When I check on him 10 minutes later, he was still sitting on his bed wrapped in towel, pouting and very close to tears. Gosh.... my pujuk pujuk skill was practically non existent at 5 in the morning, okay. Tried to get him into his clothes back, totally failed, then simply tucked him into bed with towel and all. I let him slept until 7.30 and had quite a hard time waking him up. Adoila....fenin mokcik, tau. But things got better after his shower. He settled down in his class happily, sitting beside, who else, his best friend Syafiq. I was quite prepared to request for a change of class if Syafiq turned out in different classroom. But he was okay and I could hear him from corridor, admiring someone's Ben10 water bottle.


Phew!


No comments: