Friday, August 01, 2008

Escape...

I am back at office! Without doctor's consent.

The boss is kind enough to ensure all staffs will go and have their chicken pox vaccination so that I could escape from my house arrest, guilt free. I love my home, I really do and I like to occasionally skive off work just like anyone else but after 10 days being confined to 1500sf space, it starts to get suffocating. If only I were to have an interest in interior design or housekeeping, my house would have gone through a complete makeover. Wishful thinking. The fact was, I could not even motivate myself to plug in the vacuum cleaner.

So here I am, back to my habitat. In the morning, I resolved to stay put in my room and only step out when absolutely necessary. But half an hour later, I found myself office hopping, in the disguise of catching up with latest activities. Like I didn't read emails for the past 10 days. Truth was, I craved the conversation. And I miss the pressure. I thrive under pressure and 10 days of playing brain dead is not good for my health. Duh.....

Okay. Now that I finished harassing all five people here, I shall lock myself in this 100sf shoe box for the next four hours and try to get some actual work done.

4 comments:

Liza said...

Hi nae, glad to know u're back! It's normal for working women like us to feel restless for not working(due to health reason, not while on vacation), at least in my case after 3 days...

nae said...

bnormal : couldn't agree more...especially when I'm not allowed to go have fun somewhere

LediAgli said...

miss the pressure <<<

orang pon feel the same gak.. because every month cuti seminggu..

p/s: going back to Kedah during school holiday.. one week.. yiba yibaa..

nae said...

cik ledi: amboi...photographer cuti mengalahkan pengantin