Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday......sigh

My painstakingly prepared budget was rejected so I had to prepare a new one.

Budget meeting would be in Singapore and finance meeting would be in Shanghai. One week after another *sigh* Of all the months in a year, the big bosses felt that they needed to squeeze in all Asia pacific related meeting in one month, namely September, namely Ramadhan. I actually did not mind a little bit of travelling. But I'd rather not be overseas a mere few days away from Eid. The period I'd usually frantically preparing the ringgit notes for duit raya, ordering cookies in 3 sets, buying baju raya for everyone and making a mad dash to shopping mall almost everyday every time I suddenly remembered I had one more nephew or Amri suddenly had a growth spurt and could not fit in into his shoes. Rotten timing.

Well, I did not mind Singapore trip as much. But Shanghai is a different matter. I am no longer anxious of what am I supposed to be presenting on the meeting days. I am more concerned of buka puasa timing and how to fit it into everyone's schedule. Plus sahur of course but I could order room service for it (about the only perks of being an FC - authorising your own expenses)

What could be more boring than being locked in a conference room with a group of clever accountants for two full days? Especially during fasting month when my soul is more comfortable with pasar ramadhan than crunching numbers. Hmmmmm.......

I sure had a blasted Monday

2 comments:

Hani said...

i hate travelling during ramadhan too.. sucks.. miss home lot rite.. hehehe

nae said...

hani : Absolutely. Btw, thanks for dropping by