Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sunday stories

I was looking forward to a lazy sunday. No need to make any trip to market because I wanted to sleep in late. Followed by a long breakfast plus Sunday newspaper. Then a lie in with a book. Would think about lunch only when somebody said hungry.
Hubby was already so kindly volunteered to buy breakfast.

It didn't quite turned out the way it supposed to be.

I had a good serving of yummy spicy nasi lemak. Then pop in a cute kuih cara while reading sunday star. Munched. Then noticed a funny taste. Spat out the kuih cara on my plate then probed it open. Yuck! YUCKKKK! It had a cockroach egg in it. Ewwwww....... All my breakfast promptly ended at kitchen sink. I was retching so bad that I felt the acid was flowing out as well. Yuck! I brushed my teeth like ten times, gurgle and all but still.....yuckkk! Lost my appetite for breakfast and ended up eating the kids' pringles instead. All that sodium did quite well to wash off the taste.

The kuih cara was bought at pasar tani shah alam, by the way.

Went to Bukit Jelutong afterwards. I was thinking of going to seribadan and collect my textbook (and read up on nutrition) but there was a wedding reception there and the place was jam packed. So we headed straight to Tropika 2 showhouse - one of the many houses at Bukit Jelutong. Not bad. All corner lot houses were booked, not that we could afford one anyway. A few end lots were still available at around 750k++ but to me personally, end lots felt like an intermediate house with extra land thrown in. You still could not enter the house from the side or park your car there. But still, you could have a koi pond if you were into it :) For a maid less me, intermediate unit was good enough. Enough bedrooms for everybody and possibly a library for me. Maid's room was a tad too small in my opinion but since i do not employ one, that shouldn't be an issue. That room was big enough to be my laundry room (read : the place to throw in all washed laundry until somebody has to dig into it to find a pair of sock). Kitchen...okaylah...for somebody who spent less than 30 minutes cooking each time. The porch looks big enough to park crv and merc side by side so that settles one of my concern. Plenty of windows for the boys to climb. Will we buy it? Dunno yet. Still waiting for money to fall down from trees or sky or any other unimaginable rezeki tergolek.

Best part of the day? An sms from Intan saying that her gang and her would be arriving at our house tonight. Woohooo........ Our good friends from Kemaman. Amri was excited to meet Irfan again. Adam couldn't really remember the kids but seeing that Amri was so excited he decided it must be wonderful indeed. We rushed home from sweltering tropika 2 to prepare for a grand welcome. Kemas guest room etc etc.

Because of all the rain and traffic jam, Intan & her family only arrived sometime after 10pm. So we stayed up till late at night catching up with each other. Macam dah takde hari esok.

Last one for today......Happy Birthday to Kak Lin and Happy Anniversary to Khairi&Nina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there's one corner lot unit (in front of padang merah) put up on sale. all reno done, timber strip in good condition ... kitchen cabinet upgraded, upstairs all ada built in ... going for RM900K +. the owner migrated to be with the Kangaroo. or you can try the Jelutong Heights ... starting from RM103K ... 3 storey twin bungalow. beli jangan tak beli.

nae said...

no corner lot for me please ..... tak larat nak kemas rumah + compound. i just want a nice little terrace house like my current one...senang nak maintain.