Tuesday, May 02, 2006

M.I.A


Nothing to do with chartered accountants anyway. I was referring to stuffs in our house that went missing-in-action from time to time. I have come to accept that as another facts of life when it come to living under the same roof with two undiciplined boys and not so competent maid. Many small items have went missing before...watches, cds, dvds, ring, feeding bottle, toothbrush, books, hairclips, broochs, screwdriver, lipstick, thumbdrive and a million other stuffs. More often than not, I'd be able to find them after I ransacked the places where the maid and the boys dumped stuffs in. Or they simply reappeared with no reason.

Well....not this time. The wretched pen decided to stay MIA even after I turned the house upside down. Not once, not twice...but many, many times. Every nook and cranny. Sheesh!!!! As if I didn't have anything better to do.

But then...the search itself was not difficult. It is a small house anyway. What made it a bitter pill to swallow was the fact that a peek inside my bags was deemed necessary in order to locate the stupid pen. Have I gone that absentminded not to notice that big ugly pen inside my bag which only carry a pilot pen at its most extravagant days?

Yes, admittedly...most of HIS belongings ended up as HER stuffs. Sunglasses, notebook, digicam, books, bank account, camera but honestly....a pen? Didn't it fell under the same category as belt and briefcase and shoes? Expensive and showy but hardly a unisex stuffs.

Maybe I should reconsider those web surveillance thingy. Or send the boys and bibik to 5S training.

No comments: