Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Neighbours from hell

Upon reaching home, I was greeted by our neighbour's daughter with stories of how this boy threw sand to Amri and that boy broke a part of Adam's scooter. Sigh! Neighbour from hell. Both boys are brothers with parents whom thought the best way to communicate with maid is via car horn. Hmph! Bibik was seriously upset and was telling me at bullet train speed on how bad the boys were. I managed to catch a few intelligible words here and there and concluded that one of the boys ruined our gate as well. Duh! Obvious was it, where the boys get their genes?

I ran a quick check on Amri. Bibik managed to get the sand out of his eyes so I just rinsed off what was left on his hair. No damage done to the eyes. Took the boys for a drive to cheer them up. I needed cheering up myself. This particular neighbour could really get on my nerve sometime, what with their obsession with parking their car at my parking space (so that they can enjoy empty car porch) while hubby and I had to negotiate through a narrow space that was left. Duh!!! Talk about selfish. And now this. Honestly, I couldn't care less with the broken plastic scooter. It was cheap stuff I bought from Giant anyway. And we really were planning to change the gate, so no problem there.

Anyway, I've decided during my drive to let Amri work it out himself, whether he wanted to punch the boys nose or look for other kids to play with or made up and continue playing. As long there is no bodily harm that will land Amri (or Adam) in ICU, that is. Of which, I may need to enlist the service of the many lawyers in my address book.

No comments: