Thursday, October 27, 2005

Iftar with Intan & Co

Since I missed out last night's iftar with Intan, I decided to make it up by taking them to any ramadhan buffet in town. Hubby was already outstation but that was okay. We kinda took turn to have iftar with Intan & family, I guessed. Funny how it turned out this way.

The trouble started when I couldn't find any available place. Concorde was booked two days in advance. Same went to Quality Hotel and a few more. Even hotel uitm was fully booked. I was ready to hang my head in my hand when suddenly I remembered Grand Blue Wave. Not exactly my choice, never heard any good review of the food plus parking would be at that scary basement next to bangunan umno. Ewwww..... but I had no choice. Called them and was so relieved to hear a yes. Didn't realise I was kinda desperate.

Went home early even though the weather was so bright without a drop of rain. Called Amri and asked him to get ready. Once I reached home, Amri hopped into the car and I was pleasantly surprised to see him properly dressed in black jeans, black shoes and denim shirt. What???? No underwear and socks??? Suka hati kau lah nak......as long not that spiderman rags again.

Reached there allright and the basement parking was actually okay. Brightly lit, well maintained and no water leaking from somewhere. We were quite early and Amri went straight to ice cream counter and helped himself. Intan & co arrived shortly afterwards and we had a grand time chit chatting. Amri and Irfan hit it off like old friend and soon they were racing up and down the stairs. Intan and I were too busy catching up with each other to bother and Arip was sick so he just let the kids have their way. Their two little girls, Afiqah and Batrishia soon followed suit.

Ended up the day with solat maghrib at the hotel's surau. The kids played with ablution water while the mommies were in prayer. Sheesh.....!!!! Intan whispered to me later "how come the other kids are so well behaved but our kids seemed to spell trouble everywhere?" I dunno, Intan. Maybe we were a troublemaker a few years back. Remember the boarding school days? Remember the undergrad days?

No comments: