Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Little black shoes

I thought by having boys, instead of girls would make my life easier on one part, i.e. shopping for children attires. There were definitely not that much choice to start with and boys, being boys, surely couldn’t care less whether the black pants match their red t-shirt right? I’ve spent many happy years dressing Amri in clothes digged from bargain bins and once from a shopping spree at Nilai3. No harm done.

Some few weeks ago Amri however needed a pair of black shoes. Fine…easy peasy! Or so I thought. We spent a Sunday morning at a mall for that and I almost ended up having blister on both feet from walking up and down the huge mall. I was already cursing my new sandal by then though it escaped me on why I decided to wear something with heel on shopping trip. Must have been my temporary amnesia again.

As it happened, the mall was certainly not short of places selling nice black shoes. Even Jusco has a lot to offer. Only thing was, Amri inherited my feet, which is wide. Thus, the problem in looking for the right size. It was either too tight or too hard. Another problem was, Amri is a boy. The shoemaker/shoe manufacturers certainly prefer to make girls shoes. For a pair of boy shoes, there will be about hundreds for girls. Not fair!

Some few millions of tried shoes later, we finally found a nice pair at a nice shop being staffed by nice girls. The girls fawned upon Amri, bringing him black shoes after black shoes while I sit back and drooled over a few nice pairs of strappy sandals and boots. Next time, next time! Amri finally made his choice which I had to veto out because it had complicated strap that I was pretty sure Amri would have to spend half an hour just to put on his shoes later. I chosed a pair with simple straps that cost a bit more but would save me the time taken to wait for Amri and getting annoyed with him. Amri sulked. I was happy. The quest had ended.

4 comments:

Nazrah Leopolis said...

which reminds me i need to shop for aishah's shoes.

nae said...

happy shopping! wish i could shop for a girl's shoes... :D

Nazrah Leopolis said...

well not with aishah..

she is not the demure type..kena cari kasut tahan lasak.susah susah susah..

ingat nak doll her up, look like she'll be dressed in dark colors and sensible shoes. takut comot kan?

Cherry said...

Good note. I will make sure I check w you where to buy what for my boys :)