Monday, October 03, 2005

My old friend

After years of faithful service, my trustworthy Wira gave up on me this morning. Great timing. To play dead on a hectic Monday morning. I considered calling AAM but decided likewise after checking my membership card and noticed the expired date. I just could not afford the time to look for the new card. Not that I know where to look for in the first place. I called hubby instead, who thankfully, was not too far off. Hubby made a u-turn, sent me straight to office, with enough time to prepare for my 10 am meeting. Phew!!!!

Again, dear hubby had to fetch me from office. AAM mechanic came and true enough...the battery was dead. Come to think of it, the battery had rendered a great service indeed, because it was also bought from AAM some time in October 2002. Gee... that was three years. The chatty mechanic told me that since I last purchased the battery, the price had been increased 8 times. Huh! Also a long lecture for not warming up the car 30 minutes each day. 30 minutes????? The drive to my office took about 15 minutes, so how? Drive around the block for another 15 minutes, I guess. Thank you sir, but I think 3 years are good enough record, otherwise the battery manufacturer and distributor may go out of business.

Thanks to AAM, my car was back to life some 15 minutes later. I considered myself lucky to never having a dead battery outside the comfort of my own porch. Never even outside my gate.

Anyway, I need to bade farewell to you, my dear friend Wira. You have been a great companion, seeing me through many roads and wrong turns, traffic jams and of late, becoming a guinea pig for the r&d inventions. I hope your new owner enjoys the e-cool, e-window, e-light, vibramat and vibratile as much as I do. If you had stayed around a bit longer than you could have had the x-lite (halogen light, okay?) fitted into you. Then you can beat that monster E240 high beam. I'll still be seeing you sometime, I guess, since the ownership just move to the company, not to a stranger. Forgive me for scratching your body last week. Wrong turn again!

No comments: