Monday, December 07, 2009

Overheard




















Last night, while I was putting Aqil down to sleep, I heard Amri asked his father whether he could bring the laptop during our holiday trip this coming Wednesday. And for the past few days, he was coming up with numerous excuses on why he should not be travelling with us. H1N1 was amongst them.

I guessed he ran out of excuses and simply resigned to the fact that he will be stuck with his vacationing family for five glorious days. But if he can't escape, the least he could do is improvise. His idea of entertainment are FB and a few gazillion online games.

Hmmm...

And he is only 9. I wonder what is in store five years from now.

In a way, he is very much like me. Except, at 9 years old, I had my nose buried in a book. A few gazillion books.

Now that I think of it, I am a lot worse than he is at the moment. I have half a nose buried in a book and another half stuck to a laptop. Perhaps I should take up new hobbies, like watching tv and bake cakes. But,I am just afraid that I will end up doing all of above at the same time and forget to turn up at work.

4 comments:

gartblue said...

nae ... amri can join 11-yo aliya, just turned 9yo ayisha and even 6yo adani .. where FB is concerned and whatever fish/farm villes .. sheesh even ariz plays mrgart's fishville .. ..

Liza said...

kids nowadays never fail to amaze me, my kids mcm2 excuse they will make up to get away from many things

nae said...

Gart...don't let my boys know that or they'll add your entire family as their friend

Liza...my hubby got a warning from Amri not to touch his laptop. Shall I be worried?

Liza said...

amri is just growing up but i do check my kids handphone and computers when they went to sleep or while they are at school. as much as we trust them, i still think we need to check on them....