Monday, August 03, 2009

Hiway blues

I think it is about time that I keep to driving on the left lane in highways. Or, at the very least, middle lane. With my blurry vision, legs cramp, slow reaction and my tendency to shut my eyes when sneezing (which I did every few seconds), I think I'm a danger to other drivers.

However, driving on left lane equals to being stuck behind that slow overloaded lorry which is probably older than me moving at 15km/hour. And moving to middle lane means following behind the equally slow vehicles trying to overtake the ultraslow lorry.

I like driving and I love being in my car but sitting behind the wheels 30 minutes after breakfast meant that the actifed I took after breakfast was starting to take effect. While I am okay with the after effect of actifed, driving at 15km/h with drowsiness was pushing it too far. I could feel myself nodding off barely 5 minutes afterwards. Which I think is even more dangerous. Taking actifed after reaching office was not an option since I loath to be sneezing all the way, plus I hate the dirty look hubby gave me when he saw the piles of soiled tissue inside my car.

So?

Back to the fast lane then. With some luck, I could reach office before legs cramp started.

This is the reason I no longer venture outside my route to and fro office. With this route, I'll be on autopilot and I'll know where I'm going. Also the reason I have to decline going to Jenan's potluck at Ina's house. Though I know where BSP is, I will not be able to read roadsigns or street/house no. Too bad. Maybe next time girls.