Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Forget about being decent...

How do you teach kids to respect the privacy of your bedroom? I've been trying for many years but still the two boys regarded my room as an extension of their bedroom. Barged in anytime, never bothering to knock, much less asking for permission.

I've resorted to locking the door if I need to undress or change. Or if I need to use my full length mirror to have a good inspection at my urmm....swollen thigh.

But I have a roommate. Who legally has all the right to barge in. Barging in was not the same as knocking on the door and waiting it to be unlocked and opened. And being pregnant means that you could not reach the door in a split second even though it was barely two metres away. The most annoying thing was, after I made so much effort to reach the door quickly, there was no one waiting outside to enter. What a waste of energy. As if being pregnant was not tiring enough.

Oh well. This is my house anyway. I've decided to do away with decency. I'll wear what I want to wear, in any part of the house. And if the boys happens to open my door while I was naked, so be it. Hopefully they would be traumatised enough by the sight to respect my personal space, if not putting them off girls forever. I'll probably strut around in any state of undress around the house checking out the various mirrors hubby installed...in the hope that I could find one that makes me looks good to my own eyes.

Note:
I've just had an idea. Everytime the boys enter my room without permission, they will be charges Rm1 each. There. They may never understand boundaries by they understood value of money very well.

2 comments:

Liza said...

i know what you mean, i have the same problem too. despite all the reminders given, i dah malas so biaq pi lah...

on the swollen thigh thingy, mine has been swollen for nearly a decade ;)

nae said...

Liza : The thing is, one thigh is bigger than the other. I could feel it and now confirmed it after I took the measurement. Really freak me out