Tuesday, March 11, 2008

School holiday - day 2

The boys were pretty restless. To a certain point, so was I. So I took half day off for everyday for the rest of the week to enjoy the company of my two boys. Three boys, if I could drag hubby away from his work.

With so much excess energy, we decided to go to Shah Alam Wet World. Believe it or not, despite being Shah Alam resident for oh so many years, I had never been to this place. Yes, I bypassed it on my occasional walk at the lakeside but never felt like checking it out. Neither did the boys asking about it.

It was raining heavily when the boys and I arrived there but I decided to go ahead and bought the tickets. By the time I came out from the changing room, the rain had stop and the two boys were already inside one of the pool.

The place was quite okay. Lots of lifeguard, which was very important when I was the only adult handling two waywards boys. Though Amri could managed himself inside water pretty well now but still, he was just 5 inches over 4 feet.

Well....we had a great time. No photos to share because i was busy splashing in the water myself.

Anyway, their toilet was filthy, dark and reeking of cocroach. The changing room, while big enough to accomodate the crowd, had some shower doors missing. In fact, there were more shower cubicles without door than the ones with door intact. Also, the lifeguard were pretty lenient and let people get into the pools wearing coloured t-shirts, whatever pants people happened to wear and even sari. Ewww.....

I dont think a second visit is a good idea. In fact, I'm going to strike off this place from my to do list if my nieces and nephews (dan juga anak anak angkat saya) were to come over for holidays unless they beg for it.

The boys slept all the way home. Lucky I did not make any plans to drop by anywhere.

No comments: