Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Mengada-ngada

I was paying Amri's swimming lesson fees to Marilyn in her tiny office at PADE, when suddenly Amri said to her,

"I do not want to join Cikgu Shahir's class. I prefer Cikgu Hafiz"

"Pleeaaaseeee.....can I go back to Cikgu Hafiz's class?"

Marilyn was stunned for a second before she broke out in loud guffaws.
"But Cikgu Shahir is very kind and very fun. Plus, cikgu Hafiz has to teach other class" she said kindly to Amri, whom by now looked very close to tears.

I was seething inside.

"But Cikgu Shahir is nasty".

And guess who would appear at the doorside at that time, if not the so called Cikgu Shahir himself. Adussss...........

To my relieved, he just laughed merrily, ruffled Amri's hair, grab a bagful of colourful balls and rushed Amri along to poolside. Surprisingly, Amri just followed meekly in his wake.

Amri was allright, actually. Just in one of his annoying mood when nothing you said would make sense to him. When I swam nearby half an hour later, he was paddling happily with his friends, wearing new swimsuit and his paddlepop coloured swimcap. The cap still made me cringed but I must admit, it was easier to spot Amri that way. When the only visible part of the kids were their cap and goggles.

No comments: