Sunday, April 15, 2007

Lost and found

I am so glad that little Yin was found and returned safely to his parents. It must be a huge torture, knowing your child is somewhere out there but unable to reach to him, hug him close and keep the child safe. And those people who unashamedly said things like the parents were too busy shopping to look after the kids, well....lets just hope the same things will not happened to you when you become a parents. All kids are different. Some are more adventerous than others. Some will stay meekly beside mommy and trail obediently once the mommy moves. But most are not. My boys are not and so are the majority of 5 years olds I know. I am constantly vigilant and I take precautions. Like putting my namecards in the boys pocket. Drilling the boys on what to do if they are lost. Teaching Amri to memorise my handphone number (he asks for a handphone instead). Despite all that, Amri still managed to get lost but fortunately at a familiar ground. He knows enough to get help from the staffs at information counter. I refused to brand myself a bad mommy because of that. But I'll definitely kick myself if it happens again. Or repeated by Adam. Thing happened so that we could learn, right?
I hope Yin's parents will face the future bravely. You know, things like when you want to visit a shopping mall again, well meaning friends and relatives will surely advise againts it. Or you develop a phobia for it. But you can't hide away forever. Lets face it anyway and learn from the past. Like cuffing your kids to the trolley (i'm kidding!) or look for a more child friendly mall. When there is a will, there is a way. Surely when a woman need to shop, she'll be triple creative?

No comments: