Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The rare race to office

Phew!

Almost thought I couldn't made it. There was a webex session scheduled at 8.30am. I rarely arrived at 8.30 am, much less with enough time to set up my laptop for video conference. And i wasnt entirely sure whether my new blackberry could handle web conferencing and even if it did, no way i'm showing my face while driving.

But the boys were fuss free this morning and by 7.00am both of them were already in the car. No last minute toilet call or missing smartcard. And the road was clear all the way. The boys clocked in at 7.23 am - the earliest this year. Hopefully they stay put in their respective classes until HRT showed up.

The road to Sunway Damansara was okay too. Queue jumpers havent arrived there yet, I guessed. So I managed to make it to office by 8.00am. Had to move to meeting room since I was told to invite 4 other staffs to join the video conference and my minuscule office could only accomodate the not so minuscule me. Some 20 minutes later, everything were up and running. Laptop nicely connected to projector and a speakerphone, BB put on silent, crap instant coffee made, make up and jacket put on and madam sit back and prepared to listen to latest company strategic direction whatever from the other side of the world.

Tuned out (while looking sharp and clever)

No comments: