Friday, March 30, 2007

Parenting 101 - Variance Analysis

Three months into primary school (Amri, not me) and guess what.... I saved loads of $$$! There was only one off minimal fee in the beginning of the year and that shopping spree with his school stuffs that cost quite a lot because Amri and I got a bit carried away. Plus I didn't really know which one is really needed so I bought them all. And those funky stationaries were kinda cute.
He no longer had high monthly fees as were his kindy years. Amri's pocket money only cost me about RM50 per month. His Qiraati class cost only RM40 per month. Weekly Tae Kwon Do class is RM18 per month. School itself has no monthly fee. No school bus expenses because I ferried him to school, hubby fetched him and he cycles to Qiraati class. No tuition class whatsoever. I doubted there'll be any tuition teacher on earth that could knock some sense into his head. Plus I already figured out how to tutor him. Pretty easy actually. Just turned everything into monetary term. If he couldn't figure out what is 6 + 6, just asked him what is RM6 + RM6. Trust me, he only took a few seconds to answer.
Sometimes I wonder how his brain works.
Well, the findings of the analysis is, primary school is good on the wallet. But not too good on other matters. Junk foods, foul languages, heavy bags and who's idea was it that school uniform needs to be WHITE shirt and WHITE shoes?

2 comments:

butterflutter said...

Tee..hee..hee...my eldest, Afiq is also in primary 1.

nae said...

bet you and Afiq just breeze through it compared to our fiasco over here