Monday, April 10, 2006

Help me


I went to fetch Amri from his Qiraati class as usual, at 5pm. Thought of having a little chat with the owner of the place. So instead of waiting for Amri to come out, I parked my car and went in. Then I noticed the chaos. I was a familiar face at the place so most of the kids knew me. A few of them ran and started frantically telling me something in a rush of unintelligible words and I was screwing my face hard trying to make sense of what the boys were talking about. Suddenly one of them pushed forward a crying boy, nose bleeding and the front of his shirt was eerily bloodstained. I was shocked. Then a boy said, "Aunty, Amri yang tumbuk hidung dia!" (Aunty, Amri punched his nose) What? WHATTTT????!!!

Oh my God!!!!!!!!! My son did this. What do I do now............. Have I raised a bully?

So the boys told me the full story. They finished class early. Amri was playing with a toy and this boy wanted it. Amri didn't agree to that so the other boy hit him on the face. Amri retaliated by boxing the boy's nose. So far...sound like fair play (as far as boys and their antics were concern). But then, how come there was not a scratch on Amri but the other boy was covered in blood. How hard did Amri hit him? Why did he had to hit that hard......... And this was considering that Amri was not on his top form, still under heavy medication and losing a lot of weight. What would happened if Amri were his usual fit self?

The staffs were not much of help either. None of them saw what happened. When I mentioned the bloody nose, one of them simply brushed it aside, saying something like "He's okay now. Boys will be boys" Oh hello.....you were the caretaker. Boys are rough generally, but this was a bloody business. If I were the boy's mom, I would be upset.

So help me God and help me people. What do I do now? Apologize to the boy's mom? Send her a buoquet of flower? Amri already apologize to his friend and I bet things between them would go back to normal first thing tomorrow morning. But us parents are more complicated than that

2 comments:

eiseais said...

i rasa u kena meet the boy's mom lah. u never know how the mom would react. nanti tengok2 dia sue ke, apa ke. but if i were amri, i'd whack the boy too. hahahha...

nae said...

itu le...i pun rasa nak kena jumpa his mom and ask amri to apologize. rasa tak sedap hati je