Saturday, December 03, 2005

Syawal? Zulkaedah?

I thought with Syawal ending yesterday, there would be no more open houses to attend and I would be able to watch over my food intake (and my expanding girth) even more closely. The meagre kgs that I lost during fasting month kept threatening to make a come back. Plus, I had like a few millions things to do, most of which were kept being posponed week after week.

I attended Little Khalifah open house (kindy) in the morning, feeling very pleased with the way they incorporated montessori and genius gym methodogy into the syllabus. Grabbed a few bites then rushed off. I would have to come back next week to register Amri. Hopped into hubby's car and off to Kelana Jaya. Rushed home one and half hour later and took kain batik terengganu for Amri's nenek and a new bottle of milk for Adam then off to Lestari Puchong. Second open house for the day. I was half suspecting it to be a birthday party since the date fell outside Syawal so I came prepared with birthday presents for both kids. The host was hubby's ex housemate whom had helped him a lot when he was in deep trouble years ago. The wife was a great cook and not surprisingly, single handedly prepared all the sumptious galore except for two items. All the while still maintaining the zen state of her kitchen, instead of turning it into a warzone. Amazing! I wouldn't be able to do that even if I were helped by an army of maids. Hubby met another ex housemate and chat away merrily. I used the time to get a third helping of everything...hihihi.

Hours later, we bade farewell to the host and made our way to Puchong Perdana, visiting Amri's ex babysitter whom had become like a family to us. Amri gave his nenek the kain batik we bought at Terengganu. It has become a ritual. Every year we'd buy a pair and presented to her though she'd probably has a whole wardrobe full of them batiks.

Said our goodbye sooner than planned because Adam had soiled his second diaper and I did not have any more stock in hand. Upon reaching home, bibik told that our neighbour invited us over for their open house do. Quickly showered and changed the very comot boys and made our way to another open house of the day. Since it was almost Maghrib, lets just call it our dinner :)

Phew!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Cherry said...

raye jangan tak raye Nae