Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Island hopping

Ajoe celebrated his 22nd birthday alone today. We were still at Langkawi, doing expressed island hopping. Amri woke up unusually early and was ready for another day so the three of us were left with no choice but to drag ourselves up and kickstart another day. Which was truly a whirlwind. Starting with a short splash at Pantai Cenang right after breakfast followed by a visit to Underwater World. Adam was so tired he felt asleep while walking to the car park after the visit ended. We rushed to Tok's house, ate lunch, bathed and changed the kids and drove Pak Caq and Mak Caq to Jetty. But not before we made a pit stop at a duty free shop and grabbed a few chocolates and shoes for the kids. Adam got a cool soft leathered shoes that cost only 30 bucks to replace his puke smelling old shoes. Amri grabbed himself a pair of football shoes. Shopping done, we rushed Pak Caq to Jetty, drop them there, bid our farewell and sped off in search of petrol pump and luggage. Found the petrol pump, drove to nearby duty free mall and bought the most decent bag I could find. Sped off to the airport, dumped our excess stuff into our new bag and shoved the kids towards departure hall. Then I saw tonnes of branded luggages selling at half the prices that I bought....sheesh. Hubby kept reminding me to look the other way, but then I saw perfumes that I wanted to buy but could no longer afford to linger without missing our flight.
We checked in then heard the announcement that our flight would be delayed. I slumped on my seat.

Well...looking on positive side, my credit card was spared another abuse.

No comments: