Friday, April 08, 2005

Parent Teacher Meeting

I did not really look forward to it but I found myself in Amri's classroom on cloudy Friday afternoon talking to his teacher. Truth is, I almost dreaded it because I knew what was coming. But there I was, in front of teacher Rosmawati listening to her pleading to let her give Amri homeworks.
Just in case anybody was wondering....I was one of crazy moms on earth who was against homeworks. So, months ago, I told Amri's teacher to stop giving him homework ( and save me the trouble of hunting the homework book every morning) and not to worry if he still is illiterate at the end of the day. I said it again today.

Giving up on homework topic, teacher Rosmawati decided to tell stories instead.

Story 1
Teacher : Amri, has you finished your work?
Amri : Noooooo
Teacher came to inspect Amri's work...........and saw a blank page
Teacher : Amri, why didn't you do anything on your book?
Amri : Amri busy lah teacher...............

Story 2
Amri : Teacher............Edmund beats me.....
Teacher : Amri......Edmund did not come to school today
Amri : Teacher.......Asha beats me.....
Teacher : Amri, no more talking please. Nobody beats you. You are sitting alone at teacher's table.
Amri : Teacher.........Affin beats me...........

Story 3
Amri : Teacher....Amri hungry
Teacher : Eat your macaroni
Amri : Ada sayooooorrr..........
Teacher : Vegi is good for you, makes you strong and healthy
Amri : Nanti Amri hensem macam ayah ye............
Teacher : hahahahahahahahahahah...............

Story 4
Teacher : Amri...what are you doing?
Amri : Amri colour........
Teacher : What are you colouring?
Edmund (who sat next to Amri) : Teacher...........Amri colour my book.....waaaaaa...........

Okay.......I hope I do not have to see the teacher anytime soon

No comments: