Sunday, April 01, 2012

Lovely Weekend. My Way.

Had one of the rare fulfilled weekend.

Managed to go to kickboxing on Saturday morning. Somehow, it was lower impact than I remembered. Probably because the cute instructor thought I was a newbie (lama giler tak attend) or maybe the other 3 ladies that I didnt recognised were newbies as well. Good thing as well, I had no intention of killing my body on saturday.

Had to miss PSG meeting. Hard to  manage with just one car, and many places to go.

Had lunch at Mohd Chan chinese muslim restaurant again, after fetching Amri from Dyslexia Centre. Amri loved it.  A lot. I ordered the yummy butter prawn again.  Adam and Aqil weren't impressed. Both toyed with their food. Adam asked for sandwich and chips. Aqil would have too, if he knew how to articulate the request.
*note to self - must only go to fusion or western food eateries if Aqil and Adam are tagging along*

Went to maxis centre @ sacc mall to get new sim card for Amri. Add a detour to mph. Adam and I came home with 3 books each.

Took a nap as planned. Right after coming back from SACC. Such luxury indulgence :)

Nap too long and didnt have much time to cook for tea...haha. So ended up with express chicken wrap for Amri, beef wrap with cheese for Adam and combo chicken and beef wrap for hubby dearest (not enough beef or chicken but plenty when combined). The wrap is very versatile, I think. Must keep more in stock, along with breakfast beef/chicken.

Bought a bicycle for Aqil after sending the boys to their Saturday football practice. He had a first go with it at dbayu while waiting for the brothers.

Read, read and read.

Woke up late on Sunday morning. And stay in bed with my new book, until hunger overcame. Another rare indulgence.

Heat up last week pizza for the boys post football snack, plus a huge cut of watermelon each. Then dragged them to get a haircut from Kraton. As usual, a visit to 7-11 followed. This thing started 10 years ago when I had to bribe Amri to get a haircut. Usually a lollipop. It had now been upgraded to twisties and juice, one set for each boy. Wonder how long this will go on, for the next 15 years maybe. I had given up bringing Aqil here for his haircut, prefering to cut his hair myself, as least for this couple of years. It was too traumatic for both Aqil and the hairstylist. But I'm not an adequate hairstylist, nor did I enjoy doing it. But a mother has to do what a mother has to do....

Another nap after lunch *another sweet indulgence*

Adam and Aqil played in the baby pool at backyard while I was cooking cekodok and apam lenggang (multitasker queen turns mad cook) and I had plenty of fun watching and feeding them cekodok panas from kuali straight to the pool. The cekodoks were gone without me having to serve it properly on dining table but not many takers for the apams. That was until Amri emerged from his cave and mistook the apam for lempeng kelapa (???) and gulped them with chicken curry *gosh*
Tea time at backyard was rather fun this week :)

Decided to cook dinner then quite lost the mood for it (sebab dah  kenyang makan cekodok kah kah kah). Simple dishes then - just seafood+vegi tomyam and fried fish.


Aqil riding a car @ sacc mall with Adam controlling it via a remote device. Aqil didnt know though and was quite annoyed when the car didnt go to whereever he wanted it to go ...muahahaha.



End of weekend. Praying for more weekends like this one.

No comments: