Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The day I turned 35

Today I am one year older and still none the wiser but of course, grumpier than ever.




Adding to the grumpiness is the fact that i had very little sleep last night in between sneezing, gasping for oxygen whenever both air passage were blocked and get this, i let my not so little darling adam slept with me. On my bed. Reason being, he injured his feet during one of his cycling stunt.




Now here, I am not one of those supermommies who enjoy having their kids co-sleeping with them. Honestly, I'd have put the kids in their own room from day 1, if not for the inconvenience of stumbling around all night long for nightime feeding and diaper changing.




Anyway. Adam does not have Amri's high threshold for pain. He looked so pitiful that I finally gave in and let him sleep beside me. Big mistake. King size bed or not, there was no escape from his super active limbs. He slept like he was seriously practising tae kwon do and gymnastic at the same time. I was sorely tempted to push him down to the carpet.




This morning he declared he was not fit enough to go to kindy. I agreed because his ankle was kind of swollen and I doubted he could wear his socks and shoe. But a YM to hubby later revealed that he was cycling outside all morning and now was watching the contractor fixing our auto gate. Hmmph!




6 comments:

butterflutter said...

Happy 35th Birthday. Mine is at the end of the year. Lambat lagi...Ooo u r expecting ya. Good luck

nae said...

Butterfluter : Thanks :)

famyGirl said...

happy 35th!! :) i rasa i paling tua this year sebab my birthday was in january.

nae said...

famigirl: thanks...you're at the opposite end of butterflutter then

Liza said...

Happy birthday nae, have a good celebration and don't forget to blog about it ya!

Mama Rock said...

alaaaaaa...baru 35. i was faster than you coz i reached there 8 years ago :)..hehehe, nak sedapkan hati aje ni! hope it was a blast!